CNC Lathe Machinist
Aerospace Machine Shop is seeking Lathe machinists with setup experience on Mori Seiki and Daewoo, Multi-Axis machines an advantage. Yasnac and Fanuc controls. The ideal applicants would be able to setup complete, select and load tooling, edit programs, troubleshoot machining problems and perform in process inspection of their own work. We offer competitive salary, benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K plan with matching and more.
Position Title: CNC Lathe Machinist
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager/CNC Lead-Men
Sets up and operates CNC Lathes to perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring of metallic and nonmetallic work-pieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math. Offsets and edit programs when necessary with minimal help from supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Offsets at machine to adjust tool into machining tolerances.
- Is able to setup and edit initial program and initial setup to obtain acceptable 1st article part in minimal time.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Must be able to identify problems and get supervisor to troubleshoot the possible fixes.
- Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachment, and work-piece on machine.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts.
- Perform machine maintenance.
- Communicate with co workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Inspect and measure parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- First shift - 7 am to 3:30 pm. 2nd shift position - 3:30 pm to Midnight.
- Experience with 15-5PH stainless, Titanium and casting machining processes and techniques an advantage.
How to Apply
Please fill out the application form to apply for this position.