CNC Mill Machinist
Aerospace Machine Shop is seeking Mill machinists. Setup experience on 4/5-Axis machines an advantage. Fanuc controls. The ideal applicants would be able to complete setup, assemble and load tooling, troubleshoot machining problems and perform First Article and in-process inspection of their own work.
We offer competitive salary, benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K plan with matching and more.
POSITION TITLE: CNC MILL MACHINIST
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager/CNC Lead-Men
Sets up and operates CNC Mills to perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring of metallic and nonmetallic work-pieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math. Offsets and edit programs when necessary with minimal help from supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Offsets at machine to adjust tool into machining tolerances.
- Is able to setup and edit initial program and initial setup to obtain acceptable 1st article part in minimal time.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Must be able to identify problems and get supervisor to troubleshoot the possible fixes.
- Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachment, and work-piece on machine.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts.
- Perform machine maintenance.
- Communicate with co workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Inspect and measure parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- First shift - 7 am to 3:30 pm. 2nd shift position - 3:30 pm to Midnight.
- Experience with 15-5PH stainless, Titanium and casting machining processes and techniques an advantage.
How to Apply
Please fill out the application form to apply for this position.